- 1 ½ c. flour, all-purpose
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ⅓ c. oil
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- ½ c. peanut butter
- 2 t. vanilla extract, dark
- 1 c. buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake rounds with non-stick cooking spray or line cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, oil, and brown sugar. Beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until just combined.
- Alternately add the flour and buttermilk to the peanut butter mixture, beating until just combined. Do not over-beat. A few small lumps of flour is acceptable.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out moist - not wet with batter but moist. 23 minutes for 6" pans, 18 minutes for cupcakes.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stack, fill, and frost.