- 3 ½ c. flour, all-purpose
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. salted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. buttermilk
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract
- ½ t. almond extract
¾ c. fresh apricot puree (or jam)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake rounds with non-stick cooking spray or line cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) in medium bowl; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream butter, add sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beat thoroughly after each addition then beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract, mix.
- Alternately add flour, puree, and buttermilk. Mix well, until just combined - make sure puree is well integrated.
- Batter is thick. Divide evenly among 8" rounds or fill cupcake tin 3/4 full - use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake cakes approx. 32-37 minutes; bake cupcakes approx. 22-25 minutes.
- Cool cake rounds for 10 minutes before removing cake to cooling rack; remove cupcakes after allowing to cool 4-5 minutes.
- Batter does not rise significantly.
- Frost when completely cool - Apricot Cream Cheese recommended.