Yield: Approx. 4 cups; enough to fill a triple-layer cake or 24 cupcakes
- 1 c. peanut butter, smooth
- 2 sticks butter, salted, softened
- 4 c. powdered sugar (1 lb.)
- 1T vanilla extract, clear
- 1T heavy whipping cream or 2T whole milk
- Cream butter in a stand mixer with peanut butter (at least 4 minutes).
- Add about 1 c. powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Add remaining powdered sugar. Mix on med high until smooth.
- Add milk to desired consistency and taste.
Hot tip: Margarine is not a very good substitute. Lard is a doable substitute for half the butter - the flavor is different and careful if adding coloring.