- 1 c. brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 4 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. butter, salted (not margarine)
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract, dark
- ½ t. sea salt
- Over medium heat, whisk together brown sugar, heavy cream, and butter.
- Continually whisk for 6-8 minutes, it should thicken during this process.
- Add vanilla, whisk for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let sit a few minutes.
- Pour into a glass jar with lid; refrigerator until cool and slightly firm.
- Should keep for about a month - serve over desserts.