- ½ c. brown sugar, packed (light or dark)½
- ½ c. sugar, granulated
- 4 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. butter, salted (not margarine)
- 1 large apple, brunoise (cut into tiny, tiny cubes)
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract, dark
- ½ t. sea salt
- Over medium heat, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, heavy cream, butter, and apple.
- Continually whisk for 5-7 minutes, it should thicken during this process.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt - whisk for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let sit a few minutes.
- Refrigerate until cool and slightly firm.