- 2 c. flour, all-purpose
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 ½ t. cinnamon
- 1 ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. apple sauce, unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ t. vanilla extract, dark
- 2 c. carrots, shredded
- 1 c. coconut, flaked
- 1 c. walnuts or pecans
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake pans with non-stick spray or cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, & cinnamon)
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, apple sauce and vanilla. Hand stir; do not use an electric mixer.
- Fold in carrots, coconut, walnuts or pecans, & pineapple.
- Pour into pans, bake, check for doneness with toothpick. Bake: 8" or 9” rounds: 35-40 mins, 9x 13: 45 mins, cupcakes: 23-28 mins
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before removing rounds or cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com